Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Honor 10 | Android 8.1 Oreo (Columbia): Finally, the LineageOS 15.1 (Un-Official) is made available for the Huawei Honor 10. However, the Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 For Huawei Honor 10 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Now, you need to flash Lineage OS 15.1 build directly via TWRP recovery and the file has been attached below for you to download. Team Lineage has skipped the Lineage Os 15. The Un-Official build of Lineage OS 15.1 is now available for Huawei Honor 10. If you are a Huawei Honor 10 user, then you should try out the Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Honor 10. We are thankful to LuK1337 for sharing the ROM.
The Android 8.1 Oreo is one of the latest versions of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo).
Huawei Honor 10 was a recently released device. The Honor 10 has all the high-end specs and features you want from a premium device. It comes equipped with a 5.84-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels. The device is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. Users don’t have an option to expanded the storage as there is no microSD support. The Huawei Honor sports a 24-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Honor 10 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with Huawei’s EMUI at the top. The device houses a 3400mAh non-removable battery. It measures 149.60 x 71.20 x 7.70 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 153.00 grams.
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.2 Pre-Requirements:
- 0.3 Downloads
- 1 How to Install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Honor 10 | Android 8.1 Oreo (All Variants)
As Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features. Lineage OS is the most popular Android ROM available and it is also one of the best ROMs when it comes to support
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in a floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Honor 10.
- Lineage OS 15.1 ROM || Xda Development Page
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to Install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Honor 10 | Android 8.1 Oreo (All Variants)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Our Latest Posts