Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia L (Android 8.1 Oreo): I have a question for you all? Have you ever tried to root your device or at least thought about rooting it? Not a lot of you right? In our Android community, there are widespread conceptions that rooting is an extremely complex task with a high-risk factor but the reality is much different. Rooting is an extremely easy task which can be completed easily by anyone who knows the proper steps. One of the best features that an Android user gets after rooting is that they can install any custom ROM on the device. Custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, etc. can do wonders for your Android device as they are some of the top custom ROMs available these days. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss Lineage OS 15.1 and how you can download it on your Sony Xperia L. This unofficial build of Lineage OS comes to us thanks to corphish who shared this new update for Lineage OS for Sony Xperia L.
Sony is a brand that has been ruling the electronic gadgets section for past few decades. It has released some amazing TVs, Playstations, and other gadgets. Now, it has been topping the charts for smartphones as well. Its Xperia L comes with a 4.3-inch display screen with a resolution of 854x480p, a Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon 400 Dual-Core 1.0GHz Krait processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM storage capacity, and a removable 1750mAh Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS (upgradeable to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean), and other features include an 8.0 MP rear camera, a VGA front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, Proximity sensor, and more.
If you happen to be a Sony Xperia L user who is looking for ways to root their device and install a custom ROM, then this post will be very helpful for you. Here, we will give you all the basic information regarding custom ROMs, Lineage OS, and their benefits after which we will give you a simple step-by-step guide to help you install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia L
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 1 Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 2 Pre-Requirements
- 3 Disclaimer
- 4 Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia L
- 5 Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia L | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia L)
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia L.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia L
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia L
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia L | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia L)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.