Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo: Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus was launched last year as a summer release with Android Lollipop 5.1. Even though Android Marshmallow 6.0 update was available at that time, Lenovo chose to go with Android Lollipop 5.0 and we all know Lenovo is not exactly fast at sending updates. While Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus users are wondering whether they would be receiving the Android Nougat update or not, a developer has now released an Android Oreo 8.0 based custom ROM for the device.
The custom ROM released is known as Lineage OS and it is based on the AOSP and it currently runs the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. Google released the Android Oreo update to the Pixel and the Nexus devices last month and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and more. The update is currently compatible with Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus so don’t try to install it on any other variant. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
If you want to experience the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 on your Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus, you can follow the below guide to manually install Lineage OS 15 on your device. Though you might get the basic Android Oreo features, the ROM is not stable enough to be used as a daily driver. But you can still install it to see how everything works in Android Oreo. Update Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.For Lenovo Vibe K5 check out this > Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5 | Android 8.0 Oreo
Full Custom ROMs List >  Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus (Oreo and Nougat)
- This guide is only for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Vibe K5 Plus/Android 8.1 Oreo (Latest)
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus> Download
- Patch for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus (Flash this after flashing the ROM)
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.