Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S6 (G920x and other variants) | Android 8.0 Oreo: The Samsung Galaxy S6 was released by 2 years backup by Samsung and it was the latest flagship of Samsung back then. The device was launched with Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and Samsung has confirmed that it will be updated to Android Nougat 7.0 officially. But there is no confirmation regarding the Android Oreo 8.0 update for the Samsung Galaxy S6( G920x).
But if you have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S6, you can manually install the Lineage OS 15 custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 on your device right now. Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Android and it was officially released by Google a few days back. It comes with a lot of interesting features and behind the screen improvements. Some of the features of Android Oreo 8.0 include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts and app notification badges. Follow the guide given below to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 (G920x) To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15
Since the Lineage OS custom ROM is currently in the development phase and it is an unofficial build, some features might not work as you expect. But, you can test this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6 without any issues to experience the features of Android Oreo 8.0 on your device. You can follow the below guide to Download Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S6 (G920x) | Android 8.0 Oreo
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
Check Out Our Latest Post (Android 8.1 Oreo):
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Other Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Variants[/su_heading]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On AT&T Galaxy S6/S6 Edge (G920A/G925A) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Sprint Galaxy S6/S6 Edge (G920P/G925P) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Verizon Galaxy S6/S6 Edge (G902V/G925V) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On US-Cellular Galaxy S6/S6 Edge | Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features:
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils uptil now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy S6 (G920x)> Download || Credit: TeamNexus
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S6 (G920x) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the file from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.