Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia M2 | Android Oreo 8.0 Update: Sony launched the Sony Xperia M2 LTE 3 years back with 1GB RAM and Snapdragon 400. The device came with Android 4.3 JellyBean and it was later upgraded to Android Lollipop 5.0 which was the last official update sent to the device.
However, the Sony Xperia M2 has been getting software updates in the form of Custom ROMs and the recent ROM to release for the device is Lineage OS 15 which is based on Android Oreo 8.0. Lineage OS 15 is based on AOSP and if you have a rooted Sony Xperia M2, then you can download and install the ROM manually on your device right now. Follow the guide below to Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia M2. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
Remember that this is not an official release and the ROM is still in the initial alpha development stage. So, some features or apps might not work properly on this ROM. But, you can use this Lineage OS 15 ROM to experience the new features of Android Oreo-like the picture in picture mode, locksreen shortcuts and notification badges on your Sony Xperia M2. Just follow the below instructions to Update Sony Xperia M2 To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Sony Xperia M2
- Download Android Oreo GApps
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia M2 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure to download all the files mentioned in the Downloads section to proceed
- After that, boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power Button. Make sure to hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see TWRP logo
- Now take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.