Download and Install AOSP 8.0 on Sony Xperia XZ Premium: This device was launched on 2017 June, Sony Xperia XZ Premium has everything you want when you are paying for an expensive smartphone. With its 4K display and slow-motion camera, Sony Xperia XZ Premium wins the place. Sony Xperia XZ Premium is the genuine flagship smartphone. It is loaded with Android 7.1 (Nougat) out of the box.
Like Sony’s previous flagship Sony Z5 Premium, there is 5.5-inch 4K resolution display and Snapdragon 835 processor with 4GB RAM, 64GB storage. But Sony really wants to make the camera better, the headline says 960fps slow-motion capabilities for dramatic videos. As Sony Xperia XZ Premium is the latest flagship from Sony, it is expected that it will soon receive Android 8.0 Oreo update. BUT, many of the users already enjoying the sweetness of latest Android 8.0 Oero via AOSP 8.0 (Custom ROM). If you want to try the latest features on your device, thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install AOSP 8.0 on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you want to test this AOSP 8.0 ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium and taste the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install AOSP 8.0 on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official AOSP 8.0.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Table Of Contents
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download system.img
- Download Official GApps For AOSP 8.0 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install AOSP 8.0 On Sony Xperia XZ Premium | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to ADB and Fastboot folder
- Now open CMD then issue the given command
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram