Download/Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi A1 | Android 8.0 Oreo (Development Status): Hello guys!! Today, in this post, we will be telling you how you can easily download and install Android 8.0 Oreo-based LineageOS 15 on your Xiaomi Mi A1 when it is available and we also tell you when the Lineage OS 15 For Xiamo Mi A1 will be made available. Ever since Android 8.0 Oreo was released, it has become the talk of the town. Pixel and Nexus devices were the first ones to get the official update and soon after HTC and Motorola released a list of devices that would be getting this update later this year. However, there is no news on when the Xiaomi users will be getting this update. But all Xiaomi Mi A1 users need not worry as we have come up with a solution.
Lineage OS 15 is a custom ROM based on the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS and this custom ROM is the latest member of the Lineage OS (previously CyanogenMod) family that has released some of the most amazing custom Mods. Once you install this custom ROM, you will open door to an abundance of features which will allow you to tinker with the settings and customize your device to give it a totally different outlook.
Even though Xiaomi is one of the most advanced manufacturers when it comes to technology, it is lagging behind as it is yet to make it official whether Mi A1 will be receiving this update or not. In case you don’t want to wait for the official update, you can manually download it. All you need to do is fulfil some pre-requisites, complete a few downloads, and then follow this step-by-step guide mentioned below.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy J2 Prime
Android 8.1/ Lineage Os 15.1 Update: Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features:
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi A1 | Source (15 was updated to 15.1)
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 (Device List)
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 Stock Firmware (N2G47H.7.9.21 ROM)
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/xiaomi-mi-a1-custom-roms-collection-android-marshmallow-nougat-and-oreo/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″][10+ ROMs] Xiaomi Mi A1 Custom ROMs Collection | Android Nougat and Oreo[/su_button]
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi A1 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.