Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D) | Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM: Asus launched the Asus Zenfone Max, known for its massive 5000mAh battery last year running Android Lollipop 5.0.1. The last major update the device received was the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update and with more than 1 year since the launch of Android Nougat 7.0, the Zenfone max has still not received the update and probably never will. Fortunately, it has received the updates to latest versions of Android from Custom ROMs and the recent one to join the list is LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 which is the latest version of Android. It was launched last month by Google with some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. If you want to install the Android Oreo update on your Zenfone Max, then follow the below guide to manually Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Asus Zenfone Max. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by Anand and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Asus Zenfone Max Currently the ROM only supports the Z010D variant of the device and is not an official version of LineageOS. It is still in the initial stages of development. So, some features may not work as intended and you might also encounter some bugs and here and there. So it is advisable not to use this as a daily driver till an official build releases. Update Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D) To Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOs 15.
- This guide is only for the Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D).
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D) > Download
- Latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Uploader Credit: ANAND RAMACHANDRAN
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.