Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Moto E2 | Android 8.0 Oreo: Moto E2 is the 2nd instalment of Motorola’s entry-level series Moto E. The device was launched back in 2015 with Android Lollipop 5.0 and was later upgraded to Android Marshmallow 6.0. While there is no official announcement of the device receiving Android Nougat or Oreo update yet, a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 called LineageOS 15 is already available for the Moto E2.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM based on the AOSP and it currently runs the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. Google released the Android Oreo update to the Pixel and the Nexus devices last month and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
While it is almost certain that Moto E2 will not be receiving the Android Oreo 8.0 update because Motorola generally pushes out a maximum of 2 major software updates to its devices. So, in case you own a Moto E2 and wants to test out the latest version of Android Oreo and its features, then you can follow the below guide to manually install LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo on your Moto E2.Update Moto E2 To Android 8.0 Oreo Via LineageOS 15
Updated (Android 8.1 Oreo) > Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Moto E2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)[/mks_pullquote]
- This guide is only for the Moto E2.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Moto E2 > Download I Development page
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Moto E2 Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.