Sept 30, 2017 – Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto X 2014 (victara) | Android 8.0 Oreo: Motorola launched the Moto X2 3 years back and it was the first proper flagship from Motorola and even though it received mixed reviews, everyone appreciated it for the near stock experience. The device was launched with Android KitKat 4.4.4 and the last Android update it received was Marshmallow 6.0. The device has now received an unofficial update to the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 in the form of LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM based on the AOSP and it currently runs the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. Google released the Android Oreo update to the Pixel and the Nexus devices last month and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
Motorola only sends out 2 major updates to its devices and since the Moto X2 has already received the Lollipop and Marshmallow updates, it will no longer receive any official update. So, if you want to install the latest version of Android Oreo on your Moto X2, then you can follow the below guide to manually install LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo. Update Moto X 2014 (victara) To Android 8.0 Oreo Via LineageOS 15
Check Out Our Latest Post > Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 On Moto X 2014 (victara) | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Bluetooth updated with caf
- Camera Fixed (photo and video is working with footej)
- Flashlight Fixed
- Gesture are back (system > gestures)
- Lineage Sources Updated
- And many other improvements and fixes
Lineage OS 14.1 team has confirmed over 1 million installations of the OS which is a milestone. They have covered the builds for over more than 160 models of phone. Similarly, the list of LineageOS 15.0 states to be available over 150 plus models as well.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
- This guide is only for the Moto Moto X 2014 (victara).
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Any Android Device
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Moto Moto X 2014 (victara)> Download
For More info about the Custom ROM, check out the Xda development page here
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto Moto X 2014 (victara) Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.