Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Redmi 2 back in 2015 running Android KitKat 4.4 and the device was a huge success as it offered a lot of features for a cheap price. Naturally, the developer and the community support for the Redmi 2 was abundant and even though Xiaomi did not send any major updates to the device, it has been getting the latest Android updates in the form of Custom ROMs and it has now received the Android Oreo 8.0 update from LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM running on the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. Google launched the Android Oreo update last month with some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. While Xiaomi has stopped sending the new software updates to the Xiaomi Redmi 2 especially because the device is over 2 years old, you can follow the below guide to install LineageOS 15 on your device to experience the latest version of Android. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed byWarrenlobo and he has posted the links to the ROM for Redmi 2. However, the ROM is not an official version of LineageOS and it is still in the initial stages of development. So, some features may not work as intended and you might also encounter some bugs and here and there. So it is advisable not to use this as a daily driver till an official build releases.Update Redmi 2 To Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOs 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Redmi 2.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Redmi 2 > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.