Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Mix (lithium) | Android 8.0 Oreo: The Xiaomi Mi Mix is the flagship device of Xiaomi which was launched towards the end of last year. The device started the trend for the bezel-less devices and it was running Android Marshmallow 6.0 at the time of the launch. While Xiaomi announced that the device will receive the Nougat update, it is not clear whether the Mi Mix will be receiving the official update for Android Oreo 8.0. But it has already got the unofficial update from LineageOS 15.
LineageOS 15 is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android launched last month by Google. It comes with a lot of customization options and some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. If you want to experience the latest version of Android, then you can follow the guide below to manually Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Mix. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by Nazmul Hassan and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Xiaomi Mi Mix. Even though the ROM comes with all the latest features and functionality of Android Oreo, some features might not work properly as it is still in the development stage. But you can test it out without any issue. Just follow the below instructions to Update Mi Mix (lithium) To Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOs 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi Mix (lithium).
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi Mix (lithium)> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Mix (lithium) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.