Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Redmi Mi 4c | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Redmi Mi 4c 2 years back with Snapdragon 808 and 3GB RAM running Android lollipop 5.1.1. The device was a massive success and received a lot of positive reviews. However, as soon as the launch of the new flagships, Xiaomi completely forgot about the Redmi Mi 4c and stopped sending updates to the device. But the device has been receiving updates to the latest versions of Android via custom ROMs and the recent ROM to be added to the list is LineageOS 15.
Since you will not be receiving anymore official updates to your Redmi Mi 4c you can manually install the unofficial version of LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo 8.0 on your device to experience the latest version of Android. Google launched the Android Oreo update last month with some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by Demon000 and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Redmi Mi 4c. However, the ROM is not an official version of LineageOS and it is still in the initial stages of development. So, some features may not work as intended and you might also encounter some bugs and here and there. So it is advisable not to use this as a daily driver till an official build releases. Update Redmi Mi 4c To Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOs 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Redmi Mi 4c.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Redmi Mi 4c > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Redmi Mi 4c | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.