Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie | Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM: Asus has confirmed the Oreo release for its ZenFone 4 and ZenFone 3 handsets, but by not including the ZenFone 2 in the announcement, they have made it clear that they do not plan to release the Android 8.0 for the ZenFone 2 series. This announcement is not very surprising as the phone itself is almost 2 years old and in the world of Android phones, you can’t expect your phone to get updates for too long.
Anyway, all is not lost for the ZenFone 2 users, as their device could still see a day in Oreo update, thanks to custom ROM community. In fact, the ZenFone 2 Laser and ZenFone 2 Selfie users can do so now, as the LineageOS 15.0 ROM is now available for their device already.Follow the given guide to Update Zenfone 2 Laser To Android 8.0 Oreo Via LineageOS 15.0
Lineage OS 15 is based on the latest upcoming version of Android O aka Android Oreo. Android O is been released only for the Google Pixel and Nexus device now and we can expect the official rollout of Android O for most of the devices once the final Android O build comes out. In this guide, we will guide you on How to install Lineage OS 15 On Zenfone 2 Laser
Check Out Our latest Post
- Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Zenfone 2 Laser [Android 8.1]
- Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Asus Zenfone 2 Laser [AOSPExtended Oreo]
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What’s not working
- Speakers don’t work on ZE600KL model
- SELinux is permissive
Check Out the development page here to get more info about the unofficial Lineage OS 15
- Model Z00L (compatible with ZE550KL (Z00L/Z00LD), ZE550KG (Z00W/Z00WD) and ZE600KL (Z00M/Z00MD/Z00MDD)
- Model Z00T (compatible with ZE551KL (Z00T/Z00TD), ZD551KL (Z00U/Z00UD/Z00UDH/Z00UDB) and ZE601KL (Z011/Z011D/Z011DD) LineageOS 15.0 for ZenFone 2 Laser
- Download Oreo Gapps (Use ARM64 type)
- TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0:
How to Install LineageOS 15 On Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie | Android Oreo 8.0
Note: Before starting the installation procedure below, be sure to install the required new TWRP recovery on your device, as given in the downloads section above. Here’s how to install TWRP recovery.
Also, do check out the ‘What’s not working’ section at the source page below to find out the issues with the ROM at the given moment.
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your ZenFone 2.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-create-restore-nandroid-backup-on-android-devices/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices[/su_button]
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your ZenFone 2.
If you want to get root access on your device then check out the Megisk method linked below
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-latest-magisk-v13-5/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]Download and Install latest Magisk v13.5 On Android Oreo To Gain Root Access[/su_button]
If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below:)