[Official] Download and Install LineageOS 14.1 on LG G6: LG launched the LG G6, the most expected flagship device, earlier this year with Android Nougat 7.0 which was the latest version of Android back then. While it has been only a few months since the launch, the LG G6 has already received the official build on LineageOS 14.1 which is a custom ROM based on Android Nougat 7.1.2. The custom ROM could be installed on unlocked versions of both US and European variants of the device.
Android 7.1.2 is the final build of Android Nougat and it has some interesting features in a store like the settings shortcut in the notification panel, app icon shortcuts, revamped settings app and overall improvement in the battery life and performance of the system. With LineageOS 14.1, you get all the Android Nougat 7.1.2 features along with a few additional customization options.
However, there might be some issues and bugs in this custom ROM as it is only a nightly version and a stable build has not been released yet. But since the ROM is updated on a daily basis, you can expect the stable version of LineageOS 14.1 to be released for the LG G6 soon. If you want to install the custom ROM on your device, then you can follow the below step by instructions to manually update your LG G6 to Android Nougat 7.1.2.
Our Post On LG G6 Full ROM List > LG G6 Custom ROMs Collection (Android Oreo and Nougat ROMs)[/mks_pullquote]
- Download LineageOS 14.1 For LG G6 H870 (14.1 removed so 15.1)
- Download LineageOS 14.1 For LG G6 US997
- Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 / LineageOS ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked, your device is rooted and has a custom recovery like TWRP installed
- Make sure your device has more than 60% battery
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install Official LineageOS 14.1 on LG G6 | Android 7.1 Nougat
- Make sure to download the file mentioned in the Downloads section to proceed.
- After that, boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power Button. Make sure to hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see TWRP logo.
- Now take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.
If you have any doubts regarding the process, feel free to comment below for help.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.