Download and Install OmniROM On OnePlus 5T | Android 9.0 Pie: OnePlus devices are very developer friendly and they get regular support from developers. The OnePlus 5T has already received several Android Pie based ROMs like Havoc OS Pie ROM and there is another ROM available For the device.
We like to thank darkobas, Senior Member over Xda for sharing the OmniROM. The ROM is based On latest Android 9.0 Pie and has all the features from the stock firmware as well as some new exclusive features. To know about the ROM please check the official Xda thread here (development page) The ROM is a weekly build which means it will be updated every weak to fix various bugs and to add new features.
OnePlus released OnePlus 5T which is the latest flagship device from the company, OnePlus 5T is the upgraded version of OnePlus 5 while there no major changes except the display and fingerprint sensor moved to back. Now the company is making preparations for the next flagship device OnePlus 6. The most readily visible change in OnePlus 5T is display, which is now tall, trendy 18:9 6-inches bezel-less display at 2160×1080 pixels at 401 PPI density. It is packed with the 16+20MP dual primary camera and 16 MP front-facing camera. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 6/8 gigs of RAM with 3400 mAh battery. It comes with Android Nougat out of the box.
The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 9.0 Pie, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The OmniROM on OnePlus 5T based on Android 9.0 Pie is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install OmniROM on OnePlus 5T (Android 9.0 Pie).
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install OmniROM On OnePlus 5T.
- OmniROM for OnePlus 5T
- Download Official GApps For OmniROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v18 supports Android Pie | Android 9 (If you want root access)
How to install OmniROM On OnePlus 5T | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into OmniROM Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.