Guide: How to Download and Flash / Install OnePlus X OxygenOS 2.2.2 Firmware OTA Update without losing user data.OnePlus X has recieved OxygenOS 2.2.2 OTA Update officially From OnePlus and the great news is that we have both OTA Update and full firmware file of OxygenOS 2.2.2.Any OnePlus x users (rooted or non rooted) can flash the Firmware file and get the latest update on your OnePlus X.Just follow the given steps to Install OnePlus X OxygenOS 2.2.2 Firmware OTA Update
Previously, we have shared an article Download OxygenOS 2.2.1 for OnePlus X (OTA & Full ROM).Team OnePlus has fixed many bugs in OxygenOS 2.2.1 which were reported by the users and the new update comes with some stability improvement.But the sad part is this update too is based on Android 5.1.1. Lollipop.Remmember, OnePlus has updated it’s other devices to official marshmallow but OnePlus X has not been updated yet.
The OxygenOS 2.2.2 is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop which is really a sad part.The Update is now available via OTA (Over-the-air).You can manually check for the update.We highly recommend upgrading your device to this firmware.
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]To Check For Update, Go to settings >> About Phone >> Software Update[/symple_box]
The good news is that we have both OTA and Full firmware files of OnePlus X Oxygen OS 2.2.2 Firmware.You can manually install the Firmware / ROM On your OnePlus X.Here we are going to share step by step guide to Flash / Install OnePlus X OxygenOS 2.2.2 Firmware OTA UpdateWithout Losing any data[symple_box color=”green” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Marshmallow On OnePlus X [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download & Install Official CM13 ROM On OnePlus X Android Marshmallow 6.0 [/symple_box]
You only are responsible for your device. We at rootmygalaxy.net won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
- First Setup ADB & Fastboot on your windows or mac.Guide for Windows Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows / Guide For Mac How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- This guide is only for OnePlus X, so don’t try on other OnePlus devices.
- You are not going to lose any data still take a proper backup of your apps and data.
- More than 60% battery is required
- For nonrooted users > How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- For rooted users having TWRP recovery > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
DOWNLOAD OXYGENOS 2.2.2 FOR ONEPLUS X
OxygenOS 2.2.1 to OxygenOS 2.2.2 [icon name=”chevron-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
OxygenOS 2.2.1-x to OxygenOS 2.2.2 [icon name=”chevron-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
OxygenOS 2.2.2 Full ROM for OnePlus X [icon name=”chevron-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL ONEPLUS X OXYGENOS 2.2.2 FIRMWARE OTA UPDATE
First, read the Pre-requirement section carefully then follow the given steps.
- Now follow this guide to Flash / Install OnePlus X OxygenOS 2.2.2 Firmware Update Download & Install OnePlus X Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA Update[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
(All the steps are same just use this firmware instead of that one)
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.