OnePlus has released another new software update for the flagship OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro devices. The OnePlus rolling out the OxygenOS 10.0 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The new OxygenOS 10.0 comes with new bug fixes, features the latest Android 10 goodies as well.
The update is rolling out in stages and may take a few days more to roll-out globally. Now, you can download and install the OTA file from this article and enjoy the latest Android OS right now. The guide is very easy to follow.
The new rolling out update, the OxygenOS 10.0 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro is also coming out with a lot of improvements and features. The main Android 10 features are Focus Mode, Family Link, System-wide Dark mode, enhanced privacy & security, new UI design, gesture navigation, etc. Now, let’s check out the OxygenOS 10.0 update changelog.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro OxygenOS 10.0 Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- The brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
Check For OxygenOS 10.0 OTA Update
If you’re using OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro phone and don’t want to wait for long, you can manually check for the update. Go To Settings > System Updates > Check for update. It will take a few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you want to install the firmware manually, then follow the guide given below to Install Android 10 on OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro with ADB Sideload (OxygenOS 10.0).
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OxygenOS 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro (Full OTA)
Thanks to one of the XDA Developers Senior Members, Some_Random_Username for sharing the Full OTA download links.
Steps to install OxygenOS 10.0 On OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded OxygenOS 10.0 update on your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro manually. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file depends on device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro device to OxygenOS 10 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram