Download and install OxygenOS 5.0.1 On OnePlus 3/3T: OnePlus is a smartphone manufacturer who got a good fan and user base in a short period of time. The devices with the best of features and which are built to support developers are the main reason for the success. The latest flagship device the OnePlus 5T is getting a lot of good reviews from all kind of users worldwide. The performance, camera and the availability of updates are what makes it better among other devices on the same budget.
Although the new OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 is the current fast moving devices on the market, the manufacturer never really excluded their old devices. The update is still regularly receiving on the old devices OnePlus 3/3T. The manufacturer recently started to roll out the OxygenOS 5.0.1 for OnePlus 3 and 3T. Actually launched in Marshmallow both the devices received the Android Nougat update and the big announcement from OnePlus came that the Oreo update will be made available for it.
The OxygenOS 5.0 have came out for OnePlus 3 and 3T already and the OxygenOS 5.0.1 is coming out now. It is reported that the current update is coming out with bug fixes. Apart from the bug fixes support for aptX HD and an adaptive mode screen calibration is also added with the update. You can now manually download and flash the update on OnePlus 3 and 3T. The detailed guide is provided below following which you can safely Install OxygenOS 5.0.1 On OnePlus 3/3T
Changelog of OxygenOs 5.0.1 For OnePlus 3 and 3T
- aptX HD support added
- Device manager for Wi-Fi hotspot added
- Adaptive mode screen calibration added
- December security patch for Android added
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 and 3T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to Install OxygenOS 5.0.1 On OnePlus 3/3T
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded OxygenOS 5.0.1 update on your OnePlus 3 and 3T manually. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method:
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 5. The steps to do the installation are:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 3/3T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 3/3T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 3/3T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.