Download/Install Pie based OxygenOS 9.0.1 Update for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T: OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 9.0.0 For OnePlus 5 and 5T last week which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM was stable enough for daily use but there were some bugs available in that build. Wifi related problems were there and some users were experiencing random reboots. So the company is now rolling out the latest OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T which address those issues.
The new update is Pie-based and is said to bring out a lot of features and bug fixes to the device. Apart from all the cool features of Android 9.0 Pie, the update will also include the latest security patch from Android. Given as an OTA or Over the Air update, it is slowly reaching out to users. The update seems to be coming slow to devices and users might have to wait a few days until it reaches them. As reported the update file will have a size of over 1.74 GB, so a strong Wi-Fi connection is recommended to enable problem free download and install of the update
How to manually download and install Pie based OxygenOS 9.0.1 Update for OnePlus 5?
The update was leaked before and now it is officially available for the device. The Update is being rolled out as an OTA (Over-the-air). If you are a OnePlus 5/5T user then you may have already received the update.You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > System Update > Check For Update. If the update is not showing up on your device then wait for few days for the update to come or you can manually Download and Install Pie based OxygenOS 9.0.1 Update for OnePlus 5/5T.
Note: The update is currently available in some regions, so you have to wait for the update to come or you can manually flash the firmware
Get OTA Using VPN
- Download SuperVPN from play store
- Now select Germany region and start the VPN
- Now Got to Settings > System Update > Check For Update
- The latest OxygenOS 9.0.1 Pie based update should be there
- Just download and install the OTA normally.
Android 9.0 Pie Based OxygenOS 9.0.1 Changelog:
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized sRGB display mode
- Optimized Reading mode
- Fixed issue with 4G VoLTE toggle missing
- Fixed random reboots when Screen Casting
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Where to download OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T?
The OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 5 can be downloaded by following the link given below.
Steps To Install OxygenOS 9.0.1 On OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T
There are two methods to install OxygenOS 9.0.1 on OnePlus 5, both are listed below.
ADB and fastboot method:
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 5. The steps to do the installation are:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus % into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when the process is completed
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus5. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 5
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.