Being the Flagship device of OnePlus, the OnePlus 6 has been enjoying regular updates. The device has been getting both Stable releases, as well as Open Beta releases regularly. OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta 9 is now official and can be download and flashed manually on OnePlus 6. There are many new features added to the new build. Now a very important call history option is added which allows users to check calls from unknown numbers this a very important option which will help to reduce spam calls and messages.
About OnePlus 6
The Oneplus 6 was the first flagship device from OnePlus in 2018, then OnePlus 6T replaced it as the new Flagship of the company. The OnePlus 6 has been marketed as the fastest device in the market and the specs are also very convincing. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 6 or 8GB RAM. It also has 256GB storage option. This is the first OnePlus device to have a notch on top of the display. The CPU is clocked at 2.4GHz which is octa-core processor (Snapdragon 845 SoC).
The OnePlus 6 comes equipped with a 6.28-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display. OnePlus sports dual rear cameras, a combination of 20MP and 16MP sensors. Both the back camera has an aperture of 1.7. Thanks to this wide aperture, low light photos will come great. The OnePlus 6 runs Android 8.1 (Oxygen OS) Oreo out of the box and houses a 3300mAh non-removable battery.
Check For OxygenOS Open Beta 9 Update
Users, who are running the previous Open Beta builds will get the OxygenOS Open Beta 9. If you are one of them, You can manually check for the update, Go To Settings > System Updates > Check for update. It will take a few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you want to install the firmware manually, then follow the guide given below to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 6 with ADB Sideload (OxygenOS Open Beta 9)
Oxygen OS Open Beta 9 ChangeLog
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Added toast message when parallel apps are unavailable due to data corruption
- Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
- Optimized UI for Spam messages and calls
- OnePlus Switch
- Now supports migrating data from iPhone
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 6 Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Download OxygenOs Open Beta 9 OTA for OnePlus 6
- Download OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus6 – Download
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS Open Beta 9)
- First, download Open Beta9 from the download section above and copy the file to internal storage.
- Boot your OnePlus 6 into Recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
- Now navigate your firmware .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm the installation
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your OnePlus 6.
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the OnePlus USB drivers On PC
- Download Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 6.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- In recovery menu, choose “Install from adb,” tap on OK to confirm. You will see “You are in sideload mode” screen will be displayed.
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Open Beta 9 on OnePlus 6 executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
- Wait until the installation process completes
If you have any queries then you can ask us by dropping a comment.