Now Android 9.0 Pie can be enjoyed on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE by installing Pixel Experience Pie ROM On Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (GSI): We all know that Xiaomi Mi 8 SE is not going to get the official Android Pie update as it is a very old device now so users have to install third-party custom ROMs to try Android 9.0 Pie on their device. Luckily the device has been getting great support from the developer’s community. We a great news for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE users. Now there is an unofficial but fully functional PixelExperienceP ROM available for the device. So if you own a Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, then you can update it to Android 9.0 Pie.
Now, the Android 9.0 Pie version can be installed on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE smartphone via the Pixel Experience GSI ROM which is a treble supported custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Talking about the Android 9.0 Pie update for Android, this version has been released by Google and the final stable update has been rolled out by Google to the Pixel devices as well as some newer project treble supported devices.
We would like to thank EnesSastim, Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 9.0 Pie-based Pixel Experience ROM For Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. According to the developer, the ROM is very stable and can be used as a daily driver. Now follow the guide to Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM On Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (Android 9.0). If you want more information about the ROM, then visit the Official Xda thread here
- VoLTE is not working
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pixel Experience Pie ROM
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Pie ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Pie | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM On Xiaomi Mi 8 SE | Android 9.0 Pie Update (GSI)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery (Version 3.2.1 or Higher) installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Pixel Experience ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.