Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 is one of the most popular devices Xiaomi has ever made and it is also very famous among the developers. There are tons and tons of custom ROMs available for the device. Most of the ROMs are very minimal and inspired by clean Pixel type firmware but if you want to try something new then we have got you covered here. Follow the guide to Download and Install Samsung Experience 9.5 On Redmi Note 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
The Redmi Note 5 is an entry-level Android smartphone which is powered by 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Processor, having 3GB/4GB RAM With 32GB/64GB ROM and it has 5.99-Inch Full HD+ 18:9 Display. It also got 12MP Rear Camera With LED Flash with 5MP FF camera. It has a 4000mAh Battery.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 8.1ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have the full experience. But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed. So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide. We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Redmi Note 5 (Samsung Experience 9.5)
About Samsung Experience 9.5 For Redmi Note 5
The Samsung Experience 9.5 For Redmi Note 5 ROM is shared by AL_IRAQI over Xda, so all credit goes to him. The ROM is a port of Samsung Experience 9.5 ROM based on Samsung Galaxy A6’s (firmware G6200ZCU0ARK1). As I mentioned it before, it is in its initial stage and its a heavily customizable ROM, so there may be few bugs present. We are sure with the help of users and other community members all the existing bugs will be fixed in the coming days.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
- Download the ROM
- MIUI Camera
Steps To Install Samsung Experience 9.5 On Redmi Note 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 into the recovery mode. Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install the ROM on your device > How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
Note: After flashing the ROM, flash the MIUI camera file
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Samsung Experience 9.5 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of Samsung Experience 9.5 of Android 8.1 Oreo!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.