Manually Update Galaxy Note Edge to Android Nougat 7.1 via Resurrection Remix ROM:There is saddening news for all the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge users; unfortunately, these phones won’t be getting the official OTA update from Samsung as the company has stopped the official Nougat support for Galaxy Note Edge.
However, thanks to the Resurrection Remix team, you can enjoy this latest update as they have come up with the latest custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat OS for Galaxy Note Edge. This new custom ROM is not only stable, but it is also fast and runs smoothly. It brings a variety of latest features and updates.
Here, we have prepared a step-by-step guide which will help you download and install this amazing new custom ROM on your Galaxy Note Edge. Once the device is updated, you can enjoy the latest features and updates on your device.
This process is fairly straightforward. All you need to do is download some files and then follow this simple guide. However, you need to fulfil some pre-requisites first.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that you have backup of all your important data and files.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Enable USB debugging on your device.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- You must have Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Your device needs to be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery.
- Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make sure that battery percentage of your device is more than 50%.
- Resurrection Remix Android 7.1 Custom ROM can be downloaded here
- Download Nougat Google Apps can be downloaded here
Manually Update Galaxy Note Edge to Android Nougat 7.1 via Resurrection Remix ROM
- Download the custom ROM on your PC by going to the link mentioned above.
- Now, plug in your device via USB cable and mount its memory storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode follow this guide to flash Resurrection Remix on Pixel XL. Guide How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery on Pixel XL
- Now Flash Gapps via recovery
- Reboot your smartphone.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below:)