Samsung has started rolling out another firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F.The update comes with build number SM-G925F G925FXXS5EQG5.The Update is currently available only in United Kingdom (Vodafone).The update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat.The Update brings the latest Google’s Security Patch to the device.
The Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F G925FXXS5EQG5 update comes with stability and Performance-improvements.It is based on Android 7.0 Nougat.If your Galaxy S5 Edge is not rooted or its bootloader is locked then you may have received the update notification.Make sure you are from The UK and using the Vodafone network as it is only available in The UK.To update Via OTA, Go To Settings–>>About Phone–>>System Update.If there is no update, wait for few more days as the OTA will be coming soon to your region.
If you haven’t yet received your OTA update, don’t worry, since it is being released in phased manner, and it might take some time to come to your region. If you just can’t wait, then simply follow our guide to Download and Install G925FXXS5EQG5 Nougat Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
About The Firmware:
- Device Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.
- Device Model Number: SM-G925F.
- PDA: G925FXXS5EQG5.
- CSC: G925FVFG5EQFE.
- Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Region Code/ Country: VOD [United Kingdom (Vodafone)]
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Download & Install Download Latest Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers (v1.5.61) on your computer,
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy Smartphone.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging
- Take a backup of your apps & data.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
Steps To Install Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F G925FXXS5EQG5 Nougat Firmware | Android 7.0
- First, read the Pre-requirements section carefully.
- Download the Stock Firmware from the download section above and remember the location
Now Follow the guide to flash the firmware >> How To Install A Stock Firmware Using Odin
If you have any question related to this post leave that in the comment section down below 🙂