Download/Install AICP 13.1 On Xiaomi Poco F1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) || codename: beryllium: Did you know that a rooted device has the potential to be 10 times more powerful than the same device when unrooted? It’s unbelievable, right? But it is totally true as rooting provides you with an abundance of features to tinker with the settings, make changes to the interface, get rid of the bloatware, and most importantly install custom ROMs. Installing a custom ROM makes your device into a much better and more powerful machine. Once you have installed a custom ROM, your device will be much more flexible while you will also have total control over your device.
Today, in this post, we will be discussing custom ROMs and how any Xiaomi Poco F1 user can download and install AICP 13.1 on their device. This new and upcoming custom ROM is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo source code and it comes with some really exciting additional features to go along with the ones already present in the Oreo firmware.e. Here we will be sharing AICP 13.1 Oreo ROM For Xiaomi Poco F1
There are thousands of guides over the internet which claim to help you install custom ROMs but instead, they get you confused and flustered. That is not going to be the case with this one. In this guide, we will be giving you all the basic information regarding rooting, custom ROMs, their benefits, and more. After getting the information part out of the way, we will be giving you a simple guide to help you install this custom ROM.
Xiaomi Poco F1 comes equipped with a large 6.18 inch Full HD Display. It also has a notch but the build quality is not that great. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 CPU coupled 6/8 GB of RAM. Like most of the newer devices, it also features a dual camera setup on the back (12 + 5 MP). It sports a 20 MP front camera. It houses a 4000 mAh battery which is not removable.
Best Custom ROMs List > Xiaomi Poco F1 Custom ROMs Collection | Android Pie and Oreo
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.3 Pre-Requirements
- 0.4 Disclaimer
- 0.5 Download AICP 13.1 For Xiaomi Poco F1
- 1 Steps To Install AICP 13.1 On Xiaomi Poco F1 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by OnePlus or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like AICP 13.1 or Lineage OS 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AICP 13.1 On Xiaomi Poco F1.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AICP 13.1 For Xiaomi Poco F1
- Download The ROM | Development Page Xda || Credit: siva1234 , Member Xda
- Download Official GApps For Official AICP 13.1
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install AICP 13.1 On Xiaomi Poco F1 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.