Download and Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Lenovo A6000/Plus | Android Oreo Custom ROM: Lenovo launched the Lenovo A6000 Plus back in the summer of 2015 with 5 inch HD screen and 2GB of RAM. The device was powered by a Snapdragon 410 processor and it was an entry-level device by Lenovo. The device was launched with Android 4.4.2 KitKat initially and was later updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. It has now received an unofficial update of Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android in the form of a Custom ROM.
Android Oreo 8.0 was released last month by Google and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts, app notification badges and more. It is also said to be the safest version of Android yet with improved system permissions and API integration.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo.Update Lenovo A6000/Plus To Android 8.0 Oreo Via AOSP ROM
The custom ROM released for the Lenovo A6000 Plus is an AOSP based ROM and is currently running on Android Oreo 8.0. The ROM is unofficial and it is currently in the initial stages of development. So, some of the features like the camera and Bluetooth might not work as of you expect. Therefore take a complete backup of your system to restore back to the stable version before you Download and Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Lenovo A6000/Plus.
[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Android 8.0 Oreo Features:
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils uptil now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
- This guide is only for the Lenovo A6000/Plus
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM For Lenovo A6000/Plus > Download (Xda Thread Updated)
- Download Official GApps For Android Oreo 8.0
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Lenovo A6000/Plus (Oreo Custom ROM)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.