In this guide, you will be able to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 9 (188.8.131.521). Great news for all Honor 9 users – Huawei has started rolling out the official Oreo update for the device, and you can easily manually install it on your device. But first, let’s take a look at the Honor 9 and its best features. The Honor 9 has a Kirin 960 CPU, with 4 or 6 Gigabytes of RAM, a gorgeous 3D curved body, glass both on the front and the back and with a fast fingerprint reader to the front. The Honor 9 also flaunts dual cameras that perform exceptionally well.
We now have some very exciting features with Android Oreo out of the box. Some of these include faster app switching, Google’s smart auto-fill, Notification dots, snoozing and much more. Oreo devices also boot up almost twice as fast as on Nougat. Android Oreo also brings to the table better battery backup and performance with the new Doze mode.
This is an official update, and if you really want to stay on the safe boat, then you might as well wait for an OTA update. If you however can’t stop the urge, then read on to find how you can Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 9 detailed.
Android 8.0 Oreo For Honor 9 (184.108.40.2061) Firmware Details:
- Device – Honor 9
- Model – STF-AL00
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B321
- Build Number – STF-AL00 220.127.116.111 (C00log)
- Region – China
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- The device must be running on the latest firmware.
- Take a complete backup of device data.
- Keep the battery charge to 60% at least to prevent accidental shutdown.
1) Download 18.104.22.1681 Oreo Update for Honor 9 STF-AL00 22.214.171.1241 (China) –
Steps To Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor 9 (126.96.36.1991)
#1 Method (Update Honor 9 STF-AL0 To Android Oreo)
- Your Honor 9 bootloader must be unlocked
- Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed on your Honor 9
- Now boot your device into Custom recovery
- Now in the custom recovery, you will see couples of options.
- You have to flash the update.zip file which you have downloaded from the download section.
- Now flash the other two zip files.
Note: you can flash these files just like custom ROMs, for help follow the linked guide
- Reboot your device now.
#2 Method (Update European Honor 9 STF-L09 To Oreo)
- First Download the Honor 9 STF-L09 Oreo Firmware and recovery files – Download
- Transfer the L09-B321 firmware files to the root of your MicroSD card.
- Now flash TWRP recovery (for nougat) via fastboot by issuing the given commands
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-nougat-stf.img
- Now enter into recovery mode on your phone and connect the phone to your PC
- Open an adb shell and issue the following commands one after another.
dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a echo --update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_full_STF-L09_hw_normal.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
- Now Reboot into the recovery again via adb shell or twrp terminal using the following commands
- Done! Your device should boot into Android 8.0 oreo.
If you ae facing any issue with the installation, you should check out the official Xda Thread source here.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.