After Redmi Note 3 now Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G codenamed Dior has received the unofficial CyanogenMod 14 a.k.a CM14 ROM.Here I will be sharing a guide to Download & Flash/ Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Redmi Note 4G Android 7.0.The installation Process is very easy to follow.Just follow the given steps to update your Redmi Note 4G to latest Android 7.0 Nougat via Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 Custom ROM.
It is unclear when Xiaomi is going to push the official Nougat 7.0 Update for its devices.But developers have already started working on Nougat Custom ROMs.The Redmi Note 3 has already received the CM14 Nougat ROM.Today I have a great news have for all the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G users.The Redmi Note 4G also got an unofficial CM14 ROM.We have already posted Download & Install Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM On Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
This is not developed by team CM and is an unofficial CustomROM which is based latest Android 7.0 Nougat.It is a very clean ROM close to vanilla android ROM with some extra useful features like previous CyanogeMod ROMs.If you really want to experience the latest Android 7.0 Nougat On your Redmi Note 4G then flash this ROM.Remember, this ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Redmi Note 4G Android 7.0 (Unofficial )
As I mentioned before, It is an unofficial ROM.It is shared On Xda by subdragonzj, a senior Xda Dev.The ROM is it is in its beta development stage and has loads of bugs.This is the first release of this unofficial CM14 ROM For the Redmi Note 4G and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Redmi Note 4G Android 7.0
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Redmi Note 4G. So don’t try on other Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Redmi Note 4G while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Safely Flash CM14 Nougat ROM On Redmi Note 4G Android 7.0
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL CM14 NOUGAT ROM ON REDMI NOTE 4G ANDROID 7.0 (UNOFFICIAL )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CM14 Nougat ROM On Redmi Note 4G Android 7.0.
- Download both Un-Official CM14 For Redmi Note 4G and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Now Connect your Redmi Note 4G to your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Redmi Note 4G and remember the location of the files
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode.Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM14 Nougat ROM On Redmi Note 4G Android 7.0. Guide > How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Then Install Gapps.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 14 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 14 then follow this guide > How to Enable Root Access on CM14
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.