Download and Install Google Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL Stock Firmware/ ROM: Google has released Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL yesterday (04-10-2017).These two are the flagships of 2017 from Google.Both the devices come with the latest features and top-notch specifications.Both Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are running the latest Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.Here we will be sharing direct link to Download Stock ROM Of Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL
Both the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL come with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 Octa-core SoC clocked at 2.3GHz and 1.9 GHz coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded via microSD up to 128GB.Both the device has a 12.2 MP rear and 8MP front camera for better selfies.Google Pixel 2 has a 5 inch Full HD OLED screen (1920 x 1080) whereas the Pixel 2 XL has a bigger 6 inch Quad HD display (2880 x 1440).The Pixel 2 XL houses a bigger 3520 mAh battery and Pixel 2 has a smaller 2700 mAh battery.Both are IP67 water and dust resistant.
As you guys know most of the users try to customize their device by rooting theiAndroidid smartphones and many failed to do it properly and that results in a bricked device.Sometimes upgrading to a new firmware also results in a laggy device.In these cases having Stock Firmware/ROM come in handy.If you have the stock firmware you can easily flash it back to Fix Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 Xl bricked issue.
Specs Comparison: Google Pixel 2 XL Vs Pixel 2:
|Specification||Pixel 2 XL||Pixel 2|
|Display||6.0 inches||5.0 inches|
|Resolution||2880 x 1440||1920 x 1080|
|Processor||Snapdragon 835, |
(2.35GHz and 1.9GHz,
(2.35GHz and 1.9GHz,
|Storage||64GB, 128GB||64GB, 128GB|
|Rear camera||12.2 megapixel||12.2 megapixel|
|Front camera||8 megapixel||8 megapixel|
|Weight||0.39 pounds||0.32 pounds|
|Dimensions (in.)||6.20 x 3.00 x 0.30||5.70 x 2.70 x 0.30|
|Misc.||Squeezable sides, |
no headphone jack
no headphone jack
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed with phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come with pre-installed with certain apps.
The Advantages Of The Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem On Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
- Upgrade and Downgrade your Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on your Android Phone.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your Device while following this tutorial, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Steps To Install Google Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL Stock Firmware/ ROM (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Download the Android 8.0 Oreo mill image specific to your device for your PC, then unzip it to another folder. (Download the right firmware image file from the download section above)
- Installation ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Start USB debugging on your Android.
- Connect your device to PC via USB. Open a command prompt window on your PC, and issue the following to boot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ You might receive a prompt on your device to “Permit USB Debugging”, pick Yes/Ok/Allow.
- Run/execute that the flash-all. Bat script in the files we pulled in Step 1.
And you are done!! We hope you may have completed downgrading from Android Oreo to Nougat on your pixel following this step by step guide.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.