The Vernee Mars has launched exactly a year ago and it was highly appreciated for its premium build quality and the stock Android experience. The smartphone was launched with a 5..5 inch Full HD display and a full metal body design. It was powered by an Octa-core MediaTek Processor with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The device also came with a 13 MP rear camera and a massive 3000mAh battery.
Vernee Mars was running a stock version of Android Marshmallow 6.0 at the time of the release. Vernee did not reveal anything regarding the further official software updates to the device at the time of launch but if you want, you can now install an official build of Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android Nougat 7.1.1 on your device. The ROM comes with a lot of new features and customization options and it will improve the overall performance of your device.
If you want to try out the newer version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 on your Vernee Mars, then you can follow our step by step instructions below to manually flash the Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM on your device right now. The ROM also comes with a closer to stock Android version, so it will be almost similar to your current Android Marshmallow version in terms of looks and feel.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Vernee Mars
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 14.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.