Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto Z | Android 8.0 Oreo: Google has released official Android 8.0 Oreo update for Nexus and Pixel devices.Motorola also has released the list of devices which are going to get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update and Moto Z is on the list.But the official update will take time to reach.Now there is an unofficial Lineage OS 15.0 for Moto Z (Android 8.0 Oreo).If you want then follow the guide to Update Moto Z To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.0.
Special thanks to XDA Senior member erfanoabdi for releasing the initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM For Moto Z and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver.As the ROM is in its beta development stage there are few bugs available in this build.We hope these bugs will be fixed in the coming days.The ROM comes with all the Android Oreo features with some extra added features. Your device needs to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z from below.
However, only an unofficial build of Lineage OS 15 is available for download for the Moto Z as of now. Also, the custom ROM is still in its early stages which means that many features are not functioning properly. But if you want to test out Android Oreo 8.0 on your Moto Z, you can Download Lineage OS 15.0 For Moto Z and Install it.
Check Out Our Full ROM List > Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Moto Z | Android Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo
- Camera Preview and Video (But can take picture)
- MP3 Playback
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto Z | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.0 Based on Android Oreo 8.0. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.