Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on HTC One M9 | Android 8.0 Oreo: Hello friends!! Today in this post, we will be telling you about the latest Android 8.0 Oreo-based LineageOS 15 and how you can download it on your HTC One M9. As most of you know, Pixel and Nexus devices become the first batch to receive the official update for Android 8.0 Oreo OS. A few weeks later, HTC released list of the next batch of devices that would be getting the official update later this year. However, the HTC One M9 was not one of the devices on the list, meaning it won’t be receiving the official update. As an alternative, you will have to download the Android 8.0 Oreo-based Lineage OS 15. lineageos or previously known as CyanogenMod released the latest Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M9.
The official update for LineageOS 15 is yet to be released but the unofficial update is available online and can be installed. This wonderful custom ROM comes with a long list of exciting features and an optimized battery life, something which is not available in the official update. Installing this custom ROM with open up a whole new dimension of customizable options which will you allow you to tinker with the settings.Update HTC One M9 To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15
In case you are an HTC One M9 user and would want to have a go at the Android 8.0 Oreo OS based Lineage OS 15. All you need to do is, fulfil some pre-requirements, complete some downloads, and then follow this step-by-step guide.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 on HTC One M9 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features:
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils uptil now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 (Verizon Model)
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 for HTC One M9 (International – Not available)
- Lineage os 15 For Supported devices
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
How to install Lineage OS 15 On HTC One M9 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.