If you are Xiaomi Mi A1 user, then we have an awesome news for you. Latest Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11 has been released by Xioami. The Update is in beta so may not be very stable. The OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11 fastboot ROM file is now made available for download. Recently Xiaomi has released MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.5.17 for Xiaomi Devices and Now Xiaomi Mi A1 is getting Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware v8.5.11.
This new update is going to be based on Android 8.1 Oreo firmware and it is going to be a beta update. Other than the monthly security fixes, this update will also bring stability to the device, have performance optimization, and other bug fixes. The full firmware size is very large. This update weighs around 1.18 GB. So we recommend using a stable wifi connection while downloading the firmware.
Along with bug fixes and improvements to the performance, it also brings the latest May 2018 security patch update to the device. The patch date is of May 5th, 2018. If you want this firmware, then you have to download the Mi A1 OREO fastboot ROM and flash the firmware file with the fastboot commands. We will be sharing all the steps to Install Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11 (Fastboot ROM).
- Take a full backup of your device data as everything will be wiped out.
- The battery charge should at least be 60% to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Your Xiaomi Mi A1 must have the bootloader unlocked.
- Your computer must have ADB and Fastboot installed.
This method is for Xiaomi Mi A1 only. If you perform any of the following steps wrong, your device may get bricked. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device. So, proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Install Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11
Using Fastboot (Fastboot ROM/Firmware File)
- First Enable ‘USB debugging’ option.Guide > How To Enable USB Debugging On Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Download the Fastboot ROM from above extract in a folder where adb is installed.
- Now Run “flash_A.bat” for flash to the slot “A” or “flash_B.bat” for flash to the slot “B“.
| Note: If above command not working for you then issue the following commands one by one to flash manually.
fastboot oem unlock fastboot flash modem_a modem.img fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.img fastboot flash rpm rpm.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash aboot aboot.img fastboot flash boot_a boot.img fastboot flash system_a system.img fastboot flash lksecapp lksecapp.img fastboot flash cmnlib cmnlib.img fastboot flash cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot set_active a fastboot oem lock fastboot reboot
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below 🙂