The much-awaited One UI 2.1 update is finally live for a couple of Samsung Galaxy devices and Galaxy S9 lineup devices are one of them. The One UI 2.1 OTA update is based on Android 10 and rolling out to Europe & South Korea regions as of now.Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 9 series devices are also receiving the same firmware update that can take some days or more.
The best part is that you can download the One UI 2.1 for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus (Android 10) and install it manually by using the guide below.
The all-new One UI 2.1 update brings the software version G960FXXU9ETF5 for the Galaxy S9 model and G965FXXU9ETF5 for the Galaxy S9 Plus model. Additionally, it brings the latest June 2020 Security Patch for improved security and privacy control.
While the One UI 2.1 offers plenty of camera improvements, image & video improvements, quick sharing menu, Airdrop feature, Pro modes for the camera app, AR emoji, music sharing menu, Samsung Keyboard, improved gallery app, and more.
One UI 2.1 Update Changelog:
- Quick Share
- Music Share
- Deep sleeping apps
- Changes in few settings pages
- More screen zoom options
- Created a separated keyboard category.
- Added Live Captions in missing features.
- Changed the design of the list a bit.
- Single Take
- Pro Video
- AR Zone (Picture Link, updated AR Emoji)
- AR Doodle
- My Filters
- Shot Suggestions
- Selfie Tone
- Smooth zoom transition
- Recording with shutter button in Photo mode
- Swipe down gesture on the shutter button
- Night Mode on the selfie camera
- Zooming in Night Mode
- Changed “Night Mode on telephoto” to “Zooming in Night Mode” because it almost always just crops from normal camera
- My Files – Network Storage
- Gallery – Quick Crop and Clean View
- Messages – Categories and custom chat backgrounds
- Samsung Dex – Snapping windows with the mouse
- Link to Windows/Your Phone – Shared clipboard
- Added Clean View to Gallery app
- Added Dex and Your Phone apps
- New design
- Better haptic feedback (for example when deleting text)
- Undo/Redo gestures
- Spotify and Netflix integration
- Search, Translate and Samsung Pass was added
- Changes in Handwriting mode
Now, if you can’t wait further, you can manually install the firmware update by following the guide below.
Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI 2.1 (Android 10) | Download Firmware using frija tool
Steps to Install One UI 2.1 for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus (Android 10)
- You can follow our in-depth guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy device
- Guide to Install Samsung Stock Firmware via ODIN Tool
That’s it. Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.