In this guide, you will learn How to download & Flash/ Install OxygenOS 3.0 Beta On OnePlus 2.It is based on latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow & This OxygenOS 3.0 for OnePlus 2 is an Android 6 Marshmallow Community Build.Just follow the given steps to Update your OnePlus 2 to latest OxygenOS 3.0.
It is really a very great news for all OnePlus 2 users as they can now Flash the latest OxyegenOS 3.0 beta.This OxygenOS version is based on latest Android 6.0.1 marshmallow.This update comes with comes with lots of new feature like New OnePlus Camera UI, New wallpaper picker, Shelf UX has been improved, General system performance improvements, Fingerprint performance improvement, and March security patches.
As this is a community build, you have to flash it manually.All credit goes to Naman Bhalla Over Oneplus Plus forum for giving step by step guide to Install OxygenOS 3.0 Beta On OnePlus 2 .It is a very simple and easy process.You just have to download OxygenOS 3.0 Beta Community build for OnePlus 2 then you can flash it via stock recovery or TWRP recovery.
Now OxygenOS 3.0.1 is available For OnePlus 2.Guide >> Download & Install OxygenOS 3.0.1 Community Build On OnePlus 2
This method won’t erase your device’s data.Still we recommend taking a proper backup of your important data.
Now you can root OnePlus 2 On OxygenOS 3.0.Guide > How to Root OnePlus 2 On Oxygen OS 3.0
- Download & Install OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA Update
- Download & Install OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.2.0 Update
- Ultimate List Of Best Marshmallow ROMs For OnePlus 2
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Make sure you have Oxygen OS 2.2 or above
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus 2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
How To Flash / Install OxygenOS 3.0 Beta On OnePlus 2
(For 100% Stock Users | Locked Bootloader,Stock Recovery,No Root)
Note:This method is for nonrooted users with stock recovery
- First download OxygenOS 3.0 Zip from the download section
- Connect your device to PC and put Zip file anywhere in the phone Internal Storage.
- Now boot in recovery mode. Reboot into recovery.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to flash the firmware using stock recovery.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install Stock Firmware/ROM On OnePlus Devices
- Done!!!! Your Oneplus 2 now has the latest OxygenOS 3.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
If your device is rooted and you have TWRP recovery then follow the guide below
- Download OxygenOS Zip from here and Modified TWRP recovery.img from here :- (Credits @Yash98)
- Keep both these files anywhere in the Internal Storage.
- Now Boot into TWRP.
- Now Wipe data.To Do So Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Dalvik,System,Data,Cache>Swipe to wipe.
- Now from TWRP home.Select Install.Select Images button at bottom right.Select recovery.img .Select Recovery.Swipe to flash.
- Then return back to TWRP Home.Reboot -) Recovery.
- Wait to reboot into recovery.
- Now again do a wipe data. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Dalvik,System,Data,Cache>Swipe to wipe.
- Go to TWRP Home.Install > Select OxygenOS Zip.Swipe to flash.
- Reboot into System.
- Done !!
If you have any question related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section below.
Via Oneplus Forum
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.