Gooogle has recently launched Google Pixel and Pixel XL with latest Android 7.1 Nougat and these are only two devices in the market which are running the latest Android 7.1 Nougat.But we have a great news for all Nexus 5x users.Nexus 5x users can now Install Pixel ROM On Google Nexus 5x.
We all know that google is going to release the official Android 7.1 Nougat Update for the new generation Nexus device like Nexus 6p and 5x.But if you can’t wait for the official update then we have a great news for you guys.There is a new custom ROM available for Google Nexus 5x.The ROM is based on latest Android 7.1 Nougat and has all the latest Pixel features.
The ROM is called “Pixel ROM”.This is first Pixel ROM available to download.The ROM is Built by developer argraur.The ROM is based on the latest developer preview release NPF10C with Android 7.1.1. To know more about this ROM, please visit the original Xda development page of the ROM.You can find latest updates and features list there.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Root Google Nexus 5X & Install TWRP Recovery
- Now from TWRP Recovery →Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Similar Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Android 7.1 Developer Preview for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and Pixel C [/symple_box]
How to Install Pixel ROM On Google Nexus 5x
- First, Setup ADB and fastbood drivers on your windows PC[icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
- Now Download the ROM file from the download section and unzip the ROM’s zip file
- Boot your Nexus 5X into bootloader mode.
- Now connect your Nexus 5x to your PC via USB-C cable
- Run the Flash-PixelROM.bat file from the extracted files.This will start the installation process.
- Your Nexus 5x will reboot 2-3 times during this process.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device
- Done!!! Pixel ROM should be installed on your Nexus 5X
If you want to downgrade then follow this guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Downgrade Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and Pixel C To Android 7.0 from Android 7.1
If you have any related question, then feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂