OnePlus has previously released Android Oreo Closed Beta for OnePlus 3/3T smartphones.OnePlus 3T has also received Hyadrogen Oreo 8.0 Update. Now, it is releasing Android Oreo Open Beta 25/16 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users respectively. You should definitely take the update on your OnePlus smartphone because you will be able to avail all the new features of Android 8.0 Oreo such as Picture-in-Picture mode, smart text selection, quick settings design and most importantly, September security patch. If you have not received OTA notification and you do not want to wait till you get it, you can download and install it manually.
OnePlus has released OnePlus 3/3T Oxygen OS 4.5.1 Stable OTA Update few days ago and now they have started rolling out OxygenOS 25/16 for OnePlus 3/3T respectively which shows their developement teams great work.We highly recommend users to install the OxygenOS 25/16 Oreo Update On OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Respectively.
It is Oxygen Open Beta version, and you will receive OTA update only if you have any previous version of Open Beta build. Otherwise, manually flash it after downloading is the only option. You need to remember that OxygenOS Open Beta 16 is for OnePlus 3T and Oxygen Open Beta 25 is for OnePlus 3. The stable version of OxygenOS based on Oreo will be rolled out soon but until then, you can always experience Android 8.0 Oreo features with the latest Open Beta version.
Features Of OxygenOS Open 25/16:
- New Picture-in-Picture
- Advanced Auto-Fill
- Smart Text Selection
- Quick Settings Design
- September Security Patch
- Notification Dots In Launcher
- Furthermore, you will be able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through Wallpapers.
OxygenOS 25/16 Issues | Bugs List:
Since it is not a stable version, you may face the following problems.
- Fingerprint detection can be slower than usual.
- Google Photos shortcut is not available.
- Stability issues for NFC and Bluetooth.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3/3T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Downloads OxygenOS 25/16
- Download OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 3 OTA Zip File
- Download OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3T OTA Zip File
Steps To Install OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 On OnePlus 3/3T
Step 1. Enable USB Debugging option from Settings>Developer Option. In case your Develop Option is not enabled, go to Settings>About Phone> Build Number and tap on it 7 time consecutively.
Step 2. Download ADB and fastboot driver and download the appropriate OTA Zip on your computer.
Step 3. Turn off your OnePlus device and boot into Recovery mode. From the main menu, select Install From USB option.
Step 4. Connect your device to your computer via USB and go to the ADB folder. Press shift and right click on the blank area inside the folder and open command prompt.
Step 5. Check connection by the following command.
Your device must be listed.
Step 6. Type the following command to flash your device with OTA Zip file.
adb sideload filename.zip
Replace the filename with the Zip filename and press enter. Wait for the entire flashing process to complete and disconnect your smartphone.
Reboot it and start using the brand new Android 8.0 Oreo features.