OnePlus 8 Pro is the most latest and flagship device right now by OnePlus. Currently, the handset is getting a new firmware update that brings the OxygenOS 10.5.12 for the Global and Indian variant. Meanwhile, the North America and European OnePlus 8 Pro units get the OxygenOS 10.5.11 with the same update changelog. There is no difference in the improvements or changes. So, all the interested OnePlus 8 Pro users can now download the firmware update below and can manually install it from this article.
The new firmware update comes with plenty of system improvements like adapted OnePlus Buds, improved clock styles, optimized touch experience in the game mode, fixed wireless charging issue, fixed ARCore failure, July 2020 Security Patch, May 2020 GMS package, improved system stability, network optimizations, and the Red Cable Club membership card in the Shelf for Indian variants. You can check out the full update changelog below.
Changelog: OxygenOS 10.5.12 and 10.5.11 for OnePlus 8 Pro [EU]
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds, easier to take advantage of wireless connection
- Provided a variety of clock styles for you. You can customize on your own. (Go to Settings>Customization>Clock style)
- Optimize the touch experience in game mode to enhance the user experience
- Fixed the issue that the wireless charger base re-started automatically
- Fixed the ARCore failure
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.07
- Updated GMS package to 2020.05
- Improved system stability
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Improved connection stability of mobile network to improve user experience
- Newly added Red Cable Club membership card (IN only)
Check Software Updates (OTA)
As the firmware OTA update is rolling out in a gradual way and it may take a couple of days to hit the surface for all the variants, if you don’t want to wait further, you can either manually check for the OTA update via the device Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates or via the Local Upgrade method by following the guide below. Keep in mind to charge your handset before performing the software update and for the OTA update method, connect your device to a Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Download OxygenOS 10.5.12 and 10.5.11 update for OnePlus 8 Pro [EU]
- OnePlus 8 Pro – Europe – 10.5.11
- OnePlus 8 Pro – India – 10.5.12
Steps to Install OxygenOS Update
Now, if in case, the update notification hasn’t arrived yet on your handset, then you should manually update the latest firmware by following the steps below.
Local Upgrade Method:
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to device Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Tap on top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Tap on the downloaded firmware package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, Tap on Restart.
- Update successful.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.