OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 5 is now available for download: OnePlus is one of the first companies who release official Oreo update for its devices.OnPlus 5 has already received the OxygenOS 5.0 (Leaked) ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.Now the device has received another firmware.
This is a beta release for the device, so there may be bugs available in the build.We like to thank David Y.Community Manager (Staff Member) over OnePlus community for sharing the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 5.The update brings all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture-In-Picture, Auto-fill, Smart text selection, new quick settings design.
The beta 1 also comes with the new OnePlus launcher which brings notification dots for app icons, new folder design, and uploads directly to Shot on OnePlus.The very famous Face Unlock feature of OnePlus 5 is not available in this software update.
OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 5 Changelog:
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Added Parallel Apps
- Updated security patch to October
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OnePlus 5 Open Beta 1
- Open Beta for OnePlus 5 | Download
How To Install OxygenOS Open Beta 1 On OnePlus 5 [Android 8.0 Oreo]
For Non-Rooted users :
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings > Developer Option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the OxygenOS 4.5.7 for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
5) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
6) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
7) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
8) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
9) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
10) Now wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone.Done!
1) Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.Done!!!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.