Download and Install OxygenOS Open Beta 5/3 for OnePlus 5 and 5T: OnePlus after the amazing year of 2017 with all the great reviews, they got for their flagships the OnePlus 5 and 5T is looking forward to do some better work in the year of 2018. But in prior to new release what the manufacturer is mainly looking forward to is to bring in a good stable update with fewer bugs. The strategy they have choosed for this is releasing a lot of Beta updates. We have previously seen many open beta versions of the Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS for various OnePlus devices. OnePlus is currently rolling out two OxygenOS open beta updates, both Android 8.0 Oreo-based. The OnePlus 5 will be getting the OxygenOS Open Beta 5, while OnePlus 5T will be getting OxygenOS Open Beta 3.
Both the new updates will be coming with few additions and removals from the previous versions came out before. The main addition involves the new gesture support, while the clipboard function is been removed. Although you can expect few bugs on the update as this is a beta update.
The updates are currently rolling out for users who have the latest Open Beta of Oxygen Os on their device. If you don’t have it you also can manually flash the update. In this guide, we will explain the steps to do a manual flashing of the update.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 and 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 5/3 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
Steps to install OxygenOs Open Beta 5/3 On OnePlus 5 and 5T
You can either choose the ADB method to flash the update file from your PC or can directly install from the recovery mode. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 5/5T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
Recovery mode method:
- Save the downloaded file on to the device internal storage
- Power off the device
- Tap and hold power button and volume button to boot the device on to recovery mode
- Select install from internal storage/install from local
- Choose the downloaded update file
- When the process is completed reboot the device
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedback leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page