Released By HTC in May 2017 their HTC U11 is packed with some seriously powerful hardware with its quite large 5.5-inch display, an octa-core processor, Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU, 4Gigs of RAM and a 3000 mAh Battery. Also Packed with quick charge 3.0 and a USB Type-C connector the HTC U11 is a pretty good device.
HTC on its way of planning to release an update for Sprint HTC U11 to Android 8.0 (Oreo) has in between dropped a system security patch for September 2017.The current update of September 2017 security patch is now available for Download, Needless to say, its an OTA (Over The Air) Update. The OTA is now Live across the globe.
The Latest Security update Bring the Build number: 1.28.651.40. The update is around 320 MB. It is still based on Android 7.0 (Nougat).Thus, HTC U11 users have to wait for their chance to get the OTA update for Android 8.0 (Oreo). But HTC is planning to give Android 8.0 update to HTC U11 users.
How To Manually Check for Sprint HTC U11 1.28.651.40 September 2017 Update
– Go to device Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update.
– Tap Check Now.
– Tap on Download if the download is available.
– Install after the update is downloaded.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install the USB driver on your phone.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Download Sprint HTC U11 1.28.651.40 September 2017 Security Patch Update
How To Install Sprint HTC U11 1.28.651.40 September 2017 Update Manually
Step 1. First, Download the ROM File and save it on your PC.
Step 2. Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
Step 3. Install HTC Sync Manager so that the device is recognised by the PC.
Step 4. Open the folder in PC where you saved the downloaded ROM.
Step 5. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
Step 6. Follow the system update instructions shown on your PC.
Step 7. When the update is finished, click Finish in the Wizard.
Step 8. And then the device will reboot, the update process is over.Done!!!
You have successfully updated your device.