Vivo X50 model has been launched a month ago along with its sibling Vivo X50 Pro. This handset also has almost the same features except for a couple of changes. It comes with Android 10 over Funtouch OS 10.5 skin. Now, if you’re a Vivo X50 (PD2001) user and want to flash the stock firmware on your handset, then this article is for you. Here you can easily Download Stock ROM on Vivo X50 PD2001 (Firmware File) along with the installation steps and all the possible requirements.
Now, talking about the latest stock firmware, the Vivo X50 users can get the new software version PD2001_A_1.9.16 that weighs around 5.9GB in size. So, if in case, anything went wrong with your existing stock firmware or you’ve flashed the custom firmware and want to go back to the Stock ROM again, then check this guide.
If you are new to the Android ecosystem then let me tell you, stock ROM as the name suggests is the stock or pre-installed firmware which comes with the device. The firmware is developed by the manufacturer for a specific device. So you can’t flash any Stock ROM on your Android device. Every device’s Stock ROM is different. They may be based on Google’s same Android source code but they are different.
There are reasons why users need to flash the Stock Firmware or ROM on their device. With time users end up downloading hundreds and hundreds of apps which makes the device slow and if they user downloads any wrong app from play store or other unknown sources then the app may slow down the device. The common thing to do in that case is to remove those bad apps but sometimes this doesn’t work and the only thing which a user can do is flashing back the Stock Firmware and restore the device to factory settings.
Download Stock ROM on Vivo X50 PD2001
PD2001_A_1.9.16 – Download Link
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo X50 PD2001 (Firmware File)
There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an Android device. You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware. If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that. You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
Stock ROM Details:
- Download Format: Zip Verison
- Firmware Type: Official
- Tool Supported: QPST Tool/QFIL Tool/ ADB & Fastboot
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Vivo X50
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROMs are the ones that come pre-installed on phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROMs are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROMs come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of The Stock Flash File
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Vivo X50
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Vivo X50
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Vivo X50
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%.
- Download the QPST Tool.
- Install the Swipe Mobile Drivers on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide – Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now, Enable the Developer option. Guide – How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a full backup on your device How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non-rooted users)
- Download and install the Android USB Driver on your PC.
You can either follow the QPST Tool method or QFIL Tool method in order to install the Stock ROM on your Vivo X50 device.
Method -1: Using Stock Recovery
Method -2: Using QPST Tool
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section and download the QPST File.
After downloading, you will find two files Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder then Install the QPST.exe on your windows
- Once it is installed, go to the Installed Location on the Main Drive (C)
- Open the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- After that Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program bootloaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (make sure you have extracted the ROM Zip file)
- Click On Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- After all this click download, wait for the download to finish (it will find a new driver, install that)
- Now, wait for the process to finish. Once it is done, remove your device from PC and you have installed Stock ROM on Vivo X50.
Method -3: Using QFIL Tool
Step 1: Make sure that your PC has Qualcomm USB drivers installed on it. (If not download and install them, check pre-requirement section)
Step 2: Download the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) on your computer and Extract that using any unzipper app like WinRAR.
Step 3: Now go to the extracted folder and Open QFIL.exe.
Step 4: Once you enter the QFIL tool, you will see the basic user interface of the tool.
Step 5: Now, Switch Off your Smartphone or Tablet.
Step 6: After your Device is powered Off, Press and Hold Volume UP Key and Connect the Device to the Computer using USB Cable.
Step 7: Now, In QFIL, Click on Browse Button
Step 8: Now locate the Firmware File (.mbn).
Step 8: Once, you have added the firmware file, the QFIL tool will automatically load the rest of the firmware data.
Step 9: Now, Click on the Download button to begin the Flashing Process.
Step 10: Like all other devices and tools, this flashing Process will take up to 10-15 minutes to complete. Once the Flashing process is completed your device will be reboot automatically.
We hope this guide will help you a lot. For any queries, you can comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.