Guide: How to download and install latest TWRP Recovery On LG V10.Full detailed Step by Step tutorial
There is a great news for LG V10 users.Latest TWRP recovery is now available for LG V10.You can download it from the download section and flash it using fastboot commands.Don’t worry we will be sharing step by step guide to help you to Download and Install TWRP Recovery On LG V10.The process is very simple and easy.
After installing TWRP recovery you can root LG V10 simply by flashing the SuperSu root file or you can Install / Flash different ROMs, kernels, MODs via TWRP recovery’s install section.
Related Guide For LG V10
Device that is supported
- LG V10, model no. LG-H901
- Check your model number don’t try this method on different variants
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG V10 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- More than 60% battery on your device
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC. And also LG V10 drivers and setup everything on your PC
Safely Install TWRP Recovery On LG V10
TWRP recovery — Link | File: twrp-188.8.131.52-h901.img (31.7 MB) (For Info On this TWRP Recovery Visit This Official Xda Post)
How to Install TWRP Recovery On LG V10
Step By Step Guide
- First, Install and setup ADB and fast boot on your PC guide is in the pre-requirement section.
- Make sure you have unlocked bootloader of your LG V10.For help with this, check out our page–>> LG V10 bootloader unlock here. (Important)
- Then Download the TWRP recovery file from above link in the download section
- To make your work easier, Create a new folder on your PC and name it as lgv10twrp or other if you want, and transfer the TWRP file you downloaded above to this folder.
- In the lgv10twrp folder, rename the TWRP recovery file to twrp — this makes it easy to enter the command for installing TWRP recovery below in this guide.
- Boot your device into bootloader mode.
To boot into bootloader Follow this It is very simple and easy–>>
Power off the device. Then wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
Press and hold Volume down + Power button together to enter bootloader mode. You will see FASTBOOT written at top.
This screen should be displaying the bootloader status as Unlocked, at the bottom of the screen. If it says Locked, then you need to unlock bootloader fo your LG V10 first, and for that see the link right above step 1 above.
-> Now, open the command window in the lgv10twrp folder, in which you have the modified boot and TWRP files. For this:
- Open that lgv10twrp folder and then left click on empty white space in the folder.
- Now, while holding shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up as shown below.
- Now choose Open command window here option from that.
You will see a command window open up, with location directed to lgv10twrp folder.
- Now Boot your device into bootloader mode by issuing the given command
adb reboot bootloader
Once you run the above command, it will enter bootloader mode / fastboot mode.
- Now check whether your device is connected properly or not.Just issue the following command
→ After issuing the commands, you should get a serial no. with fastboot written after it. If you don’t get fastboot written on cmd window, then it means your device is not recognized your PC.You need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, or change restart PC or use original USB cable.
- You have a choice here. If you want install TWRP permanently, then use the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Don’t restart your device just yet.
The above command installed TWRP, but to prevent Android from removing it in favor of default 3e recovery, you need to boot directly into TWRP. Do one simple next step.
Note: you have to use the recovery image’s filename in the above command, which in our case is twrp.img, from step 2.
- Now Boot into TWRP recovery now by using the following command
fastboot boot twrp.img
→ Once you are in TWRP, allow it to mount system as read/write.
- Done!!!That’s it. You successfully installed TWRP recovery on your device. To confirm, with device already in TWRP, tap on Reboot, and then on Recovery.
Your LG V10 should load TWRP recovery again.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.