Cyanogenmod 13 a.k.a CM13 is now officially available for Huawei Honor 5x(kiwi).Here we will be sharing step by step guide to download and Install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Huawei Honor 5x Android 6.0.1.Just follow these simple steps to Update your Huawei Honor 5x to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 via Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM
Huawei uses it’s own skin EMUI on its androids devices which is great but most users prefer the simple vanilla android look.So if you own a Honor 5x and want the simple vanilla android look and feel on your Honor devices, then CyanogenMod ROM is the perfect solution for you.The Official CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM13 is available for Huawei Honor 5x.We are sharing step by step guide to install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Huawei Honor 5x
Team CyanogenMod has Officially released CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM 13 nightly ROM For Honor 5x.As I mentioned before, it is an official ROM based on latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.The ROM is now officially available on CM site.It is safe to use as a daily driver.But remember, this is a nightly build so you may receive updates every day.These regular updates will fix many bugs.
CyanogenMod ROMs are popular for their stock android look and feel.The official CM13 ROM is a Very clean & Fast with so many added extra useful features.You will also get the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life.Below we will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Huawei Honor 5x
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Honor 5x (codenamed: Kiwi)
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
*Make Sure TWRP is installed on your device.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Honor 5x while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 5X
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked and have more than 50% battery
Download Official CM13 ROM For Honor 5x (Kiwi)
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL OFFICIAL CM13 MARSHMALLOW ROM ON HUAWEI HONOR 5X ANDROID 6.0.1
Step By Step Guide
*First of all, read the Pre-Requirement section carefully
- Download Both Official CM13 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Next, Connect your Honor 5x to Your PC via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Honor 5x
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode (Volume Down+Power Button)
- Now from TWRP Recovery →Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Now follow this guide to Flash the Official CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Huawei Honor 5x –>> How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
- After Flashing the CM 13 ROM, now Flash the Gapps ->> How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram