With more than two billion users, WhatsApp is widely seen as the leader in the instant messaging scene. It has all the necessary features you might want, from sending text, media, location, ability to call, and more. However, the app was long missing one key feature – the ability to edit WhatsApp messages after they are sent. WhatsApp users had been requesting this feature for a long time and it has been introduced.
Although long-time rival Telegram has had the edit feature since 2016, WhatsApp took a lot longer. However, users will be happy that they will finally be able to edit WhatsApp messages instead of having to delete the message and send it again in case of typos.
If you’re looking to find out how to use this feature, then this guide is ideal for you. In this guide, you will get to know how to edit WhatsApp messages after sending on iPhone and Android smartphones.
Steps to edit WhatsApp messages after sending on iPhone and Android smartphones
Most people have been through a situation where they made a typing mistake only to regret it later. If so, they shouldn’t worry anymore. Thanks to the edit feature, you won’t have to delete and send them again. You will be able to edit WhatsApp messages using the following steps –
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Head over to the conversation and long-press the message for selecting it
- Tap the three-dot icon present in the top-right corner and select “Edit” in the pop-up menu
- Edit the message and click the “Send” button once you’re done
- Your changes will reflect and you’ll get a small “Edited” label next to the edited message
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone
- Tap the conversation in which you’re looking to edit a sent message
- Press and hold the sent message before selecting the “Edit” button
- Edit the message and press the “Send” icon once you’re done
- Similar to Android devices, the changes will reflect and you’ll get a small “Edited” label next to the edited message