The Apple iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max come with the AOD feature, making them the first Apple devices to get this feature. However, its workability is different from what is seen on many Android devices.
The AOD feature on the new iPhone 14 Pro is almost the same as the standard lock screen, similar to the Apple Watch. Many users who have purchased the new iPhone were surprised by this. In fact, as it appears to be “too distracting”, it turns out that there’s a hidden way of trying out the Black and White AOD Display on your iPhone 14 Pro.
Black and White Always on Display feature on iPhone 14 Pro
In the Black and White AOD feature, the AOD display will show the date and time (and the selected widgets) in white font. Any custom lock screen wallpaper or photo will be dimmed completely. There are certain disadvantages when users have activated this setting. One of the downsides here is that it’ll only work in focus mode. It means that for this feature to work, the user needs to be in focus mode all day.
Moreover, enabling the dim lock screen will also change your lock screen when your iPhone 14 Pro is awake. This will blur the wallpaper. After all, the intended purpose of this focus mode-related feature will be to dim your device’s lock screen and make your device less distracting while you’re concentrating on other things.
How to enable the Black and White AOD display on iPhone 14 Pro
- Open the Settings app and then tap on “Focus”.
- Here, you should select the Focus Mode that you want to enable the Black and White AOD display in. Use the existing Focus mode or you can also create a new one.
- With the Focus mode of your choice selected, you should select “Options” below your allowed People and Apps.
- Toggle on the Dim Lock Screen option
- With the Focus mode enabled, you should lock your iPhone 14 Pro. Instead of the full lock screen appearing on the AOD, your chosen clock and widgets will appear in White on a Black background.