While most of the custom skins for Android devices offer an inbuilt screen recording option, the official Google Pixel devices aren’t compatible with it. Though Google has introduced this feature in Android 10 Beta update but later removed from the final stable release. Fortunately, there is a workaround to enable the Native Screen Recording in Android 10 (Android 11’s feature No Root) on Google Pixel devices.
First of all, you will have to check for the latest firmware update on your Google Pixel device. If any update is available, just make sure to update it and stay on the latest software version. According to a Reddit user, the method will work on Google Pixel 2/2 XL, Pixel 3/3 XL, Pixel 3a/3a XL, Pixel 4/4 XL devices except for the Google Pixel/XL first-generation models.
Note: Please note that after enabling this feature, some of the Pixel device users are facing some functionality issues like recording only on the half screen. As this is not an official feature, you may get bugs or stability issues on your device. It’s up to you whether you want to enable screen recording or not.
Steps To Re-Enable Android 11’s Native Screen Recording in Android 10
- Reboot your device to the Fastboot mode and connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Download and Install Android ADB & Fastboot SDK Platform Tools for Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Go to the installed ADB & Fastboot folder on your PC.
- Launch the adb & fastboot terminal and run the below command
adb shell settings put global settings_screenrecord_long_press true
- Now, the built-in screen recorder option will be enabled on your Google Pixel device.
- Press and hold the Power button on your phone.
- It will open the advanced power options like Power Off, Restart, Lockdown, Screenshot, Emergency.
- Finally, long-press on the Screenshot button to open a new window.
- It will give you two options like Record voiceover and show taps.
- Just tap on the Start Recording button and it will prompt you that the screen will be captured.
- After recording the screen, pull down the notification panel and you will get Stop, Pause, Cancel button.
- Perform the task according to your needs.
- In order to save a screen recording, tap on Stop and it will process the recording & you will get Share / Delete buttons.
This is how you can enable screen recording on your Google Pixel device.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.