Dead by Daylight is an online co-op survival horror game where the 4vs1 multiplayer gameplay mode has become very popular. It’ll give you a great experience as just one player will be taking on the responsibility to kill while the other four players will look to escape and survive. While the game is doing well, there are a few glitches here and there, especially the EAC Error Code 10011.
Easy Anti-Cheat is a kind of software developed for preventing cheating software. If Easy Anti-Cheat isn’t running in the background or isn’t installed, it could cause many errors.
The error code encountered in Dead by Daylight is 10011, which gives an error output. If you’re facing such errors in Dead by Daylight, then this guide is perfect for you. Here, you will get to know different methods to fix this issue.
Method 1: Repair EAC (Easy AntiCheat)
- Open the Steam Client and head over to Library
- Right-click on Dead by Daylight and click on the Local Files tab
- Choose EasyAntiCheat and run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file as the administrator
- If prompted by UAC, you should select “Yes” to allow it as an admin
- Click on Repair and then wait for the entire process to complete
- Once it is done, restart your PC and run the game again
Method 2: Disable third-party tools
Have you been using MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner Statistics Server? Applications that can hook into games can be stopped or detected by EasyAntiCheat. If you’ve been using any third-party tools, you’ll need to disable them before launching Dead by Daylight.
Method 3: Try to load the game without the internet
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys for opening the Task Manager
- Disconnect your PC from the internet connection
- Make sure that you launch Dead by Daylight -> The EAC (Easy AntiCheat) bar should load up to 5-12% and disappear
- You’ll have to run the game once more and reconnect to the internet connection this time
- Check Task Manager whether the EAC is running or not
- Sometimes, it might take a while to load, so you should wait for it
Method 4: Add exception of Dead by Daylight to Antivirus
- Head over to Windows Settings and then click on Privacy and Security
- Click on Windows Security and then select Virus and Threat Protection
- After that, click on Manage Ransomware Protection
- Turn on the Controlled Folder Access toggle
- After that, click on Allow an app through controlled folder access
- Now, select Add an allowed app
- Go to the installed game directory (i.e. C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Dead by Daylight or wherever you’ve installed the game)
- If you’re using the Epic Games Launcher, head over to C:/Program Files/Epic Games
- Choose the Dead by Daylight executable application and click on Open to add to it
- Once it is done, ensure that you reboot the PC for applying changes
Method 5: Disable the antivirus
Sometimes, the error could be due to the antivirus already instead on your PC. A viable method would be to disable the antivirus and then run the game.
Method 6: Update Windows on your PC
- Click on the Windows Start Menu and then click on Settings
- Head over to Update and Security and click on Check for Updates from the Windows Update section
- In case there’s an update available, you should ensure that you download and install it
- Once it is done, restart your PC for applying changes