In this guide, we will be discussing some of the Potential Fixes For Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On Issue.Note 5 is the latest smartphone of Note line-up from Samsung.Note series is very popular for productivity and performance.There are many people who are using this beast as their daily driver.But like every other phone users may face some issues with the Note 5.”Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is not turning on” is one of them.
Users have to determine what is the reason behind the issue.Like sometimes, software update causes ” Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On ” issue and sometimes it is caused by a minor firmware or hardware glitch.So now let’s talk about the potential Fixes.
→ Below we share some potential Fixes to troubleshoot Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On
How To Fix Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On issue
If this happened after Software Update (Bootloop)
- If your Note 5 is not Turning on or stuck at boot logo after updating to the latest Firmware, then you should manually Update your device to latest Firmware Via Fastboot.Here is the guide–>>How To Unroot / Unbrick Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or Update Verizon Galaxy Note 5 N920V to Stock N920VVRU2AOJ2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Do a full factory reset
Some More steps to Fix Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On →
If Your Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On for other reasons then follow these steps
1.Force Reboot Your device
This process is effective for minor firmware- and hardware-related glitches and all your data will be safe.To Perform Force reboot, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key together for 20 to 30 seconds.The phone will boot up if the issue is fixed.If Not follow the Next step
2.Full Charge Your Device
After Force reboot your Note 5 now time to full charge the phone.If everything goes right you will see charging screen after 10 minutes.If not try below steps
- Try charging your phone with your PC.Connect your phone via USB cable provided with by Samsung and leave it for minimum 30 minutes.If your phone responds then the problem is fixed.
- If you were charging your device through PC then charge it through AC adapter.Sometimes this procedure fixes the not charging issue.
3.Boot Your Phone Into safe mode
Try booting In Safemode.This will fix it if the problem is caused by faulty applications.To Do So Follow the Steps below:
- First Turn off your Note 5 completely.
- Then Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down key.
- When the phone starts to boot, release the Power key but continue holding the Vol Down key until the phone finished restarting.
- Safe mode will be displayed at the lower left corner; you may release the Volume Down key now.
After that try to charge your device.If the problem is still there try booting into recovery.
4.Boot Your Phone Into Recovery Mode and Wipe cache partition
Don’t worry all your data will be safe.Follow the steps below to Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 5.
- Then Press and hold the Volume Up and the Home keys together, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Note 5 vibrates, release both the Home and Power keys but continue holding the Volume Up key.
- When the Android System Recovery shows on the screen, release the Vol Up key.
- Once you are in recovery mode, Go to ‘wipe cache partition’ and press the Power key to select it.(Use Vol.Button to navigate)
- After that, reboot system (reboot may take up to 5-10minutes so don’t panic)
5.Change the USB cable
Sometimes this ” Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On ” is caused by Faulty USB cable.So try another USB cable.Try charging trough your laptop for 10-15minutes.
6.Clean the USB Port (Risky)
This is a risky steps but you can try it carefully.Clean between the ports of the phone charging supply By pointed wooden toothpick
6.Go To Service center
Lastly, take your phone to nearest service center.So they can check what is the reason behind the issue.If there is something wrong with your USB port, they will fix it.
Hope this will help you to Fix Galaxy Note 5 Not Turning On Issue.If you have any other queries related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.